- Currents from 0.3 to 520 A
- Minimum field current monitor
- Integrated external field power converter or completely separate switchgear cubicle
- Single-phase or 3-phase model
- Controlled by serial communication via DSL board
The three-phase field power converter causes less voltage stress on the motor over the single-phase field converter. This is because rectifying three-phase power provides a smoother DC voltage.
For single-phase operation, we recommend integrating an auto transformer in the field power converter’s supply circuit to adjust the AC input voltage to the field voltage and to reduce the voltage ripple in the field circuit.
All field converters are controlled by the armature converter via a serial interface (SDCS-DSL-4 board). This interface serves to set-up, control and diagnose the field converter and thus provides an option for exact control.
Reactor for Field supply on the D5 Drive:
The D5 drive with plus code +S164 has internal field supply FEX425-INT. This field supply should be seperately powered and requires its own line reactor as identified below.