Joliet Technologies is proud to be an integrator of Soft Starter Products by SOLCON.
SOLBRAKE Soft Starter
SOLBRAKE DC Injection Brake Soft Starter
DC Injection Brake, for emergency and safety braking. Includes adjustable torque and braking time with automatic zero speed sensing. Range: 8-580A, 4-315 KW, 220-690V.
SOLBRAKE – DC Injection Brakes
for AC Motors 4-315KW, 220-690V
Solid State Motor Brakes provide fast, smooth, frictionless braking of squirrel cage motors by injecting controlled DC current into the motor windings, after mains contactor has opened. This induces a stationary magnetic field which exerts a braking torque on the rotor.
The SOLBRAKE is the ultimate replacement for the old electrical braking systems such as Reversing (which may result in reversing the motor rotation) or Regenerative braking(which requires resistors to absorb the energy).
The SOLBRAKE can be used with mechanical brakes to softly bring the motor speed to zero before operating a mechanical brake.
DC Injection Brakes Advantages at a Glance
- Reduced stopping time – To increase production rate in machine tools and high inertia loads
- Reduced stopping time – To increase safety in hazardous machines
- Soft, smooth stopping, preventing wear and tear of mechanical parts
- Adjustable braking torque, matching load size and required stop time
- Auto stop, reducing motor heating
- Maintenance free, highly reliable operation
- Easy installation in electrical switchgear
DC Injection Brakes Typical Applications
- Machine tools
- Circular saws
- Fast stopping of high inertia loads
- Safety brakes
- Large flywheel applications
Information Provided by:
Solcon North America
Contact Joliet Technologies for Pricing.
Phone: (815) 725-9696
Toll Free: (866) 492-9888
Fax: (815) 725-9393
RFQ – Request for Quote