ABB’s ACS600 drives achieve the ultimate in AC motor control performance through the many benefits of applied Direct Torque Control (DTC) technology.
The unique capabilities of the ACS 600 with DTC make it a perfect solution for plastics and rubber extruder applications. Material characteristics often demand high starting torque capabilities while the screw(s) and other mechanical parts of the extrusion machine need to be protected against overloads.
The ACS600 is well suited for a wide range of other extrusion process applications including winders, casting ring fans, feeders, conveyors and other take-away equipment for both film and profile lines.
Starting torques up to 200% of full load rated torque guarantee reliable starting of even the heaviest loads. The automatic start feature outperforms the ƒPying start and ramp start features found in traditional AC drives and, with DTC, there is no restart delay.
- ACS600 AC drives from 3 to 4,000 Hp
- Input voltages from 200 – 500 VAC ±10%
- Agency approvals – UL, cUL, CSA, CE
- AC line reactor built-in (3% Impedance)
- Parameter copying using plain language keypad
– No Codes
- Unequaled motor control utilizing ABB’s patented Direct Torque Control (DTC):
- Excellent speed accuracy without encoder feedback down to 1 rpm
- Precise torque limit even above base speed for drivetrain protection
- Proven open loop control in extruder applications
- Full motor torque down to Zero Speed
- Accurate analog output proportional to motor torque (True Motor Load)
- Ease of set-up using Drive Window™ software
- Windows-based software
- Parameter configuration and file storage
- Speed Trending
- Computer Based Training (CBT) tool for training maintenance and service personnel
Total Customer Satisfaction
The quality of ABB drives is backed by a company-wide commitment to total customer satisfaction. ABB’s 24-hour customer support line, plus an extensive sales and service network, provide a wealth of drives applications expertise and personalized assistance that will ensure your continued success.