Innovation, Customization, Delivery
Dynapar encompasses the broadest line of trusted brands in motion feedback control, including Dynapar encoders and Hengstler brand incremental encoders and absolute rotary encoders, Northstar heavy-duty magneto-resistive and Heavy-Duty optical encoders and high-performance Harowe brand resolvers. Only Dynapar feedback solutions offer these world-class rotary feedback brands from one Global Supplier with 3 day delivery on most models for customer peace of mind.
Joliet Technologies is the preferred Dynapar Integrator for the Chicagoland area.
Series 21/22 Heavy Duty Incremetal Encoders
- Up to 1270 PPR with marker
- Compact 2.25″ cube shape
- Economical design
Overview / Design Principle:
The Series 21/22 QUBE generates digital incremental position data proportional to shaft rotation. Through higher mechanical and electronic operating speeds, the Series 21/22 QUBE heavy duty encoders can boost system speeds, cycle times, and productivity.
Its general-purpose design makes the Series 21/22 QUBE incremental encoders compatible with most programmable controllers, electronic counters, motion controllers, and motor drives. The Series 21/22 QUBE is electrically and physically interchangeable with most cube-style encoders on the market. It can easily be applied with belts and pulleys, leadscrews, rack and pinions, lineshafts, etc..
Features and Benefits:
Mechanical / Environmental Features
- Environmentally sealed enclosure
- Large 3/8″, 1/4″ or 6 mm diameter stainless steel shafts
- Durable anodized aluminum housing with 5/16″ thick housing walls
- Extra-wide bearing span with heavy-duty sealed bearings front and rear
- 6000 RPM capability
- Wide selection of resolutions up to 1270 PPR
- Wide input voltage range eliminates the need for multiple models
- Unidirectional or quadrature outputs
- Optional complementary (differential) outputs
The Dynapar Advantage:
- Innovative, high quality leading edge technology encoder products
- Broad commercial – industrial grade product line
- Fast 3 Day Delivery and customized built to order solutions available
- Global Manufacturing & Service Support
- Fast-Friendly Customer Service & Technical Support with Multi-Lingual Capabilities
- Global Network of Authorized Resellers
- Competitive Product Warranty: 2 Years
The Series 21/22 QUBE encoder is designed for application in industrial environments, and is stable in temperatures from 0° to 70° C.
- Measuring, cut-to-length or size for textile, metal, lumber and rubber industries
- Tracking, storage & retrieval, pick & place, conveying, and elevating for material handling applications
- Winding, including films, foils, wire and extrusions
- Measuring mechanical motion for processing, labeling, filling mixing, batching, and packaging
- Position control, for flexible and automatic assembly equipment
- Speed feedback, for precise drive and machine monitoring and control
Standard Operating Characteristics
Resolution: 1 to 1270 PPR (pulses/revolution)
Accuracy: (Worst case any edge to any other edge) ± 2.5 arc-min.
Format: Two channel quadrature (AB) with optional Index (Z) and complementary outputs
Phase Sense: A leads B for CW shaft rotation as viewed from the shaft end of the encoder farthest from the connector or cable
Quadrature Phasing: 90° ± 18° electrical
Symmetry: 180° ± 18° electrical
Index: 225° ± 90° electrical (active high)
Waveforms: Squarewave with rise and fall times less than 1 microsecond into a load capacitance of 1000 pf
Input Power: 4.5 min. to 26 VDC max. at 110 mA max., not including output loads
Outputs: 7273 Open Collector: 30 VDC max., 40 mA sink max.
7272 Push-Pull and Differential Line Driver: 40 mA sink or source
Frequency Response: 120 kHz min. data, 50 kHz min. Index
Electrical Protection: Overvoltage, reverse voltage and output short circuit protected
Noise Immunity: Tested to EN50082-2 (Heavy Industrial) for Electro Static Discharge, Radio Frequency Interference, Electrical Fast Transients, Conducted and Magnetic Interference
Mating Connector: 6 pin, style MS3106A-14S-6S (MCN-N4);
7 pin, style MS3106A-16S-1S (MCN-N5);
5 pin, style M12: Cable with connector available
8 pin, style M12: Cable with connector available
Shaft Loading: 40 lbs. radial, 30 lbs. axial
Shaft Speed: 6,000 RPM max.
Shaft Tolerance: Nominal -0.0003″/-0.0007″
Starting Torque: 2.5 oz-in max.
Moment of Inertia: 1.3 x 10-4 oz-in-sec2
Weight: 14 oz. max.
Operating Temperature: 0 to +70° C
Storage Temperature: -40 to +90° C
Enclosure: Environmentally sealed
- Series 21/22 Incremental Encoders (PDF file)
Related Products & Resources:
- Spare Parts & Accessories
- Feedback Quick Reference Guide (PDF File)
- Encoder Catalog (PDF file)
- Encoder Handbook (PDF file)
- Encoder FAQ’s
For additional information or to receive a full-line catalog, contact your Dynapar representative at 1.800.873.8731 or visit their web site at: www.dynapar.com
Headquarters:1675 Delany Road • Gurnee, IL 60031-1282 • USA
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2009 Dynapar Corp. Printed in U.S.A. • Feedback Quick Reference Guide P/N# N-FLB130 (11/09) 5M
Call Joliet Technologies TODAY
If you have any questions concerning Dynapar products, feel free to contact us:
Phone (815) 725-9696,
Toll Free (866) 492-9888,
Fax (815) 725-9393 or
Joliet Technologies custom packages, integrates and engineers AC Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), DC Variable Speed Drives (VSD) and AC Drive Controllers using top of the line manufacturers, like ABB, Emerson-Control Techniques, Siemens and Saftronics (Fincor). Our custom drive packages are built to your specifications for your application. We specialize in large horsepower drive systems (500Hp and above). Call us at (815) 725-9696 or fax us at (815) 725-9393 or e-mail us or fill out an RFQ with your requirements. Serving the greater Chicagoland area and the World.